Conserve water and protect water quality by collecting and reusing rainwater.
San Marcos, Texas
Please be sure to print off your confirmation email with order number and bring it to the pick up event.
Saturday, October 25, 2014
Times: 9 am to 12 pm
San Marcos City Hall Complex
630 E. Hopkins
(enter by St. John’s Catholic Church, across from Library)
San Marcos, TX 78666
Rainwater harvesting rebates:
To encourage rainwater harvesting, the City of San Marcos offers rebates of up to $50 for
purchase of rain barrels and tanks. In order to qualify for the rebate, barrels/tanks must:
- Be new finished containers sold solely for the purpose of collecting rain water. Large trash cans and containers designed for other uses do not qualify.
- Be covered or screened to restrict access by children, pets, and pests.
- Have a uv-resistant coating or covering to restrict algae growth. White and clear containers are not uv-resistant and do not qualify unless painted or otherwise covered.
This program is open to City of San Marcos single-family residential water customers. Up to 2
barrels/tanks may be rebated per residence.
Here's how it works:
- Step 1: Purchase a new rain barrel or tank that meets the qualification criteria.
- Step 2: Return completed application along with receipt within 30 days of purchase.
- Step 3: The City of San Marcos may call to schedule an inspection to confirm installation.
- Step 4: After the inspection, you will receive your rebate check by mail.
For more information:
sanmarcostx.gov/water or call 512-393-8310
Questions about picking up your rain barrel(s):
How do I purchase a rain barrel? You can click the items below and then the "Add To Cart" button, choose the number of items you would like to purchase and then pay by credit card. You will pick up your item(s) September 6th at the event location above. To order more than one product click the item, click "add to cart" place the number you would like then click the back button to add the new item and click "add to cart" again.
Can I reserve a rain barrel and pick it up day of the sale? No, you can not reserve you must pre-purchase, but there will be a limited number of extras for sale during the event, we recommend coming early!
Can I pay by credit card day of sale? No, you will only be able to pay by cash or check during the sale event.
What if I can not pick up my rain barrel(s) on the specified date? We can not guarantee holding your rain barrel for a later pick up. If you order online you can have a friend or neighbor pick up for you as long as they have your name, receipt and/or order #.
Will the rain barrel and/or compost bin fit in my car? Yes, your items will easily fit. The Ivys nest to fit as many as 3 to 4 in the back seat of a 4 door sedan or hatch back. The Mobys nest to fit as many as 2 in the backseat of a 4 door mid sized sedan.